Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 10 of April Poem A Day!





It's Day 10 and still going strong!! I will make it to the end of the month.
Here is today's poem:

April 10, 2014
Prompt: Write about the future

The Future
I don’t think about the future
The present is where I live
What’s happening now is
my focus
The joy in the moment
even as simple as the
feel of a laugh
or the taste of chocolate
as it melts slipping down
my throat
The thrill of a smile
from a stranger
Or the familiar electric charge
from my hand in my husband’s
reminding me my present
is the future
copyright 2014 by Barbara Ehrentreu

Until tomorrow, keep writing and enjoying poetry this month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing