Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April Poem A Day for Days 8 and 9




Though my life has been anything but settled I have managed to write at least a poem a day!! So yeah for me.:) Here are the ones for
Days 8 and 9. For Day 8 we needed to write two poems or not. However, I chose to write both. That's what I love about this challenge. You do not have to stick to the prompt or follow anything. All that is required is your poetry. Again, if you have not been following this blog I am also posting in the comments section of Robert Brewer's Poetic Asides


April 8, 2014
Prompt: Write a poem about Violence and one about Peace

Phone Call
The doctor’s words cut                                                                                                                                             like glass and I wanted                                                                                                                                                   to throw the phone through                                                                                                                                                the window to erase them                                                                                                                                                 I seethe inside as I realize                                                                                                                                           I am not the driver here                                                                                                                                             This is not a fender bender                                                                                                                                       no this is a five care pile up                                                                                                                                             of one upon another                                                                                                                                           assaulting your body                                                                                                                                                     and keeping you away                                                                                                                                                   from me.
Serenity
Dark green leafy trees
stand tall as a shaft of
sunlight bathes the scene
creating peace in my soul
copyright 2014 by Barbara Ehrentreu

April 9, 2014
Prompt: Write about a shelter

My Shelter
You are my shelter
though storms flow
through my life
you have been my
canopy under which
I stand safe and secure
There are tears in the canopy
and we are trying to mend
them so it will be strong again
applying tape to cover the holes
and I realize that my shelter has been attacked
and it might never be the same again
copyright 2014 by Barbara Ehrentreu

Until the next time, I want to thank any of my readers who have been checking here for new work. I have been busy with my husband in the hospital. He is getting out tomorrow and back to rehab again. Let's hope the fourth time is a charm.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing