Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW Interview Coming Soon


I was contacted by another blogger named Simon Thomas, a graduate student at Oxford, who writes "Stuck-in-a-Book", last week who said he was my interview partner for BBAW. For anyone who isn't familiar with the acronym it is: Book Blogger Appreciation Week. The nominees for best blogs in a variety of categories are featured on the website. Of course, I didn't expect to win anything, but it was fun to see who did. I didn't know any of the blogs.

So in keeping with the spirit of BBAW Week I am presenting this little quiz that I hope you will enjoy. It's a little outside of my usual fare here, but it's BBAW Week and I thought I'd try something a little different. You can also find it on the website. Enjoy!! tomorrow or the next day I will post my review of RD Larson's Evil Angel. It all depends on how my life goes. Lately I never know how my days will end up or where I'll be.

What Are Your Reading Habits? (My own title)

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Laying the book flat open?
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Hard copy or audiobooks?
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
What are you currently reading?
What is the last book you bought?
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)


I haven't answered these yet, but I will and will share my answers with you. Feel free to share any of your answers too. Reading is so personal that I'm sure there are so many different answers.:)

Anyway, getting back to my interview partner, Simon Thomas, he sent me the questions and I answered them and then for some reason never sent back questions for him. So now he has the questions and hopefully we will both have our respective interviews up before the week is out.:) I think you will really enjoy getting to know him and his blog. Please check it out. You won't be sorry.:)

I'm keeping the contest going for the free ebook, Evil Angel, by RD Larson. All you need to do is visit Welcome Guest Author RD Larson, and leave a comment. Anyone who comments is in the drawing. She has both an ebook and a print book available. The contest will end on Sunday in honor of BBAW!:)

2 comments:

  1. I am a fantasy writer, as well as an avid reader, and I know my writing influences my reading.

    Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
    Not usually, put if I do I like popcorn or other small finger foods that keep my hands free for turning that next wonderful page

    Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
    writing in books horrify you?
    I have books I would NEVER write in (the fiction books I love) and others, usually nonfiction, that I highlight passages, make notes, etc

    How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
    Laying the book flat open?
    Bookmarks

    Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
    Both

    Hard copy or audiobooks?
    HARD COPY! I love my books, the feel of anticipation as your fingers close on that next page before you turn it, the solidity of a REAL book I can hold and love, and keep in my bookcase to return to over and over again.

    Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
    able to put a book down at any point?
    I prefer to read to the end of the chapter and I want a book that I just CAN'T put down.

    If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
    I don't meet many unfamiliar words, and of those I do, most I can decipher from context

    What are you currently reading?
    World War Z

    What is the last book you bought?
    The Book of Waves

    Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
    I frequently read more than one book at a time, although if I am REALLY into a book I may set all others aside and devote myself to the one story.

    Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
    Any time I can. Any place alone and quiet

    Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
    I read both, but I love series

    Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
    Tolkien, always.

    How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) My books are organized by 'type': writing books on one shelf, fantasy in its own area, nonfiction divided by subject, kids books on their own shelf, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Barbara - I've just posted your interview! I'll do these questions asap and email them to you. (It is this quiz that I'm supposed to do, isn't it?)
    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing