More Summer Teen Reading Party authors will be here later in the month and into June, but for now let's learn more about Meradeth and her new book, Colors Like Memories.
Welcome Meradeth. Please tell us more about you.
Meradeth Houston's Bio:
- Feeling bored all the time
- Feelings of shame, guilt or worthlessness
- Insomnia or excessive sleepiness
- Irritation and crankiness
- Loss of interest in activities
- Moving and talking slowly
- Problems with concentration, memory and decision making
- Restlessness and agitation
- Sadness, unhappiness, crying fits and feeling “blue”
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide.
Julia is a Sary, the soul of a child who died before taking her first breath. Without this 'breath of life' she and others like her must help those on the verge of suicide. It's a job Julia used to enjoy, until the accident that claimed her boyfriend’s life—an accident she knows was her fault. If living with the guilt weren't enough, she's now assigned to help a girl dealing with the loss of her mother, something Julia's not exactly the best role model for. If she can't figure out a way to help her, Julia's going to lose her position in the Sary, something she swore to her boyfriend would never happen.