Fairfield University Bookstore - December 8, 2012
I guess I stopped blogging during the holiday season. Even though I had very few gifts to buy and no real parties to attend, somehow this holiday season was a lot busier than usual. The reason was twofold. First of all, I had my Meet and Greet on December 8, which went off very well. Then of course, at the end of November, for everyone who follows my Facebook pages and/or Twitter feed, this will be repetitious, my husband developed pneumonia and this caused him to have heart failure. The night after Thanksgiving we rushed him to the ER and then he was admitted to the hospital. He wound up in the ICU with a respirator and a tube into his neck to control his heart beat!! I was in the hospital for 22 hours and if not for the wonderful chaplains and the constant struggle of the nurses and doctors in the ICU to monitor him and take care of his condition, I don't know what I would have done!! There is nothing like seeing your husband with a respirator and knowing that this is the only way he can breathe!! The next 3 days were very scary, but eventually after the 3rd day they removed his respirator and moved him to a regular room. He was there for 7 more days. He got out the day before my Meet and Greet, so he couldn't be there with me. It took another couple of weeks in the house for him to recuperate and since he was weak and on a very strict diet I had a lot of work to do. So I didn't write very much anywhere except to keep up with my friends' emails and Facebook. He is now much better and getting out more and more. We are hoping he will be able to go back to his normal activities, which include hyperbaric for his wounds and maybe getting out for more than doctor's visits.:)
We had a very nice, but quiet New Year's Eve this year and hoping this year will see his health get better!!!
As a result, you can see I haven't posted here since December 3rd. Yikes!!!
Good things have been happening in my writing life, though. If you remember on October 20, 2012 I told you about my poems being accepted into Backlit Barbell. I also promised I would post them as soon as they were published. I am pleased to say the anthology is now available in print. Here are the two poems as promised from that anthology:
Backlit Barbell: An Anthology of Health and Fitness Poetry:
- I am going to send out my second novel, When My Life Changed, to my publisher and hopefully I will have a second book coming out next year!!
- I am going to work on my WIP Footsteps on the Sand and work in a supernatural element. The ms is finished, but adding the ghost is the part I need to do.:)
- I will continue working on the last novel I wrote and finished. for NaNo years ago, Tall Poison.
- I am hoping to get more readings of my work and of course, write more!! Since my life has gotten incredibly strange and busy, I don't have the amount of time I used to have to write poetry.
- I am going to try to get more either Meet and Greets for my novel, If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor, or book signings at local bookstores and libraries. This just needs me to concentrate on contacting more places. I have that wonderful Meet and Greet at Fairfield University Bookstore to use.